Meaning of BOTTOM in Hindi
Meaning of bottom in Hindi
- अंतिम(Pr. Antim)
- पिछला(Pr. Pichhala pichhalaa)
- मूलभूत(Pr. Mulabhut moolabhoot)
- निचला(Pr. Nichala nichalaa)
- नीचे का(Pr. Niche ka neeche kaa)
- निम्नतम(Pr. Nimnatam)
- तला(Pr. Tala talaa)
- पेंदा(Pr. Penda pendaa)
- सबसे नीचे का भाग(Pr. Sabase niche ka bhag sabase neeche kaa bhaag)
- आधार(Pr. Aadhar aadhaar)
- नींव(Pr. Ninv neenv ninw)
- जहाज(Pr. Jahaj jahaaj zahaz)
- तलछट(Pr. Talachhat)
- गाद(Pr. Gad gaad)
- अंत(Pr. Ant)
- तल(Pr. Tal)
- मूल(Pr. Mul mool)
- तह(Pr. Tah)
- सच्चाई(Pr. Sachchai sachchaaee)
- आसन(Pr. Aasan)
- वास्तविकता(Pr. Vastavikata vaastavikataa wastawikata)
- तली(Pr. Tali talee)
- नितम्ब(Pr. Nitamb)
- तलहटी(Pr. Talahati talahatee)
- फाल(Pr. Phal phaal fal)
- मूल कारण(Pr. Mul karan mool kaaran)
- पेंदी(Pr. Pendi pendee)
- निचला भाग(Pr. Nichala bhag nichalaa bhaag)
- पायजामा(Pr. Payajama paayajaamaa payazama)
- निचान(Pr. Nichan)
- अधोभाग(Pr. Adhobhag adhobhaag)
- निचला तल(Pr. Nichala tal nichalaa tal)
- निम्न भाग(Pr. Nimn bhag nimn bhaag)
- निचला स्थान(Pr. Nichala sthan nichalaa sthan)
- पता लगाना(Pr. Pata lagana pataa laganaa)
- पर आधारित करना(Pr. Par aadharit karana par aadhaarit karanaa)
- समुद्र के तट पर लाना(Pr. Samudr ke tat par lana samudr ke tat par lanaa)
- भली भाँति समझना(Pr. Bhali bhanti samajhana bhalee bhaanti samajhanaa bhali bhanti samazhana)
- आसन लगाना(Pr. Aasan lagana aasan laganaa)
Meaning of BOTTOM in English
- The lowest part of anything; the foot; as, the bottom of a tree or well; the bottom of a hill, a lane, or a page.
- The part of anything which is beneath the contents and supports them, as the part of a chair on which a person sits, the circular base or lower head of a cask or tub, or the plank floor of a ship's hold; the under surface.
- That upon which anything rests or is founded, in a literal or a figurative sense; foundation; groundwork.
- The bed of a body of water, as of a river, lake, sea.
- The fundament; the buttocks.
- An abyss.
- Low land formed by alluvial deposits along a river; low-lying ground; a dale; a valley.
- The part of a ship which is ordinarily under water; hence, the vessel itself; a ship.
- Power of endurance; as, a horse of a good bottom.
- Dregs or grounds; lees; sediment.
- Of or pertaining to the bottom; fundamental; lowest; under; as, bottom rock; the bottom board of a wagon box; bottom prices.
- To found or build upon; to fix upon as a support;
- To furnish with a bottom; as, to bottom a chair.
- To reach or get to the bottom of.
- To rest, as upon an ultimate support; to be based or grounded;
- To reach or impinge against the bottom, so as to impede free action, as when the point of a cog strikes the bottom of a space between two other cogs, or a piston the end of a cylinder.
- A ball or skein of thread; a cocoon.
- To wind round something, as in making a ball of thread.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BOTTOM, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BOTTOM
"Harry felt as though the bottom had dropped out of his stomach"
- The word/phrase 'bottom' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"There was no sign of the bottom"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the bottom in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Dudley hitched up his trousers, which were slipping down his fat bottom"
- To understand the meaning of bottom, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
BOTTOM usage in Proverbs/Idioms
BOTTOM has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BOTTOM": Examples from famous English Poetry
"At the bottom of the stairs youre waiting for me"
- This term bottom was used by Becci Iddon in the Poem Love poem.
"Verily, in the bottom of my heart"
- This term bottom was used by William Wordsworth in the Poem England, 1802.
"Bottom upward swerved and drifted"
- This term bottom was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary