Meaning of BONE in Hindi
Meaning of bone in Hindi
- हड्डी(Pr. haddi haddee)
- अस्थि(Pr. asthi)
- शरीर(Pr. sharir shareer)
- शव(Pr. shav shaw)
- काँटा(Pr. kanta kaantaa)
- ढाँचा(Pr. dhancha dhaanchaa)
- पाँसा(Pr. pansa paansaa)
- हड्ड़ी(Pr. haddi haddee)
- हड़्डी(Pr. haddi haddee)
- काँटा निकालना(Pr. kanta nikalana kaantaa nikaalanaa)
- हड्ड़ी निकालना(Pr. haddi nikalana haddee nikaalanaa)
- हड्डियाँ निकालना(Pr. haddiyan nikalana haddiyaan nikaalanaa)
- बोन(Pr. bon)
Meaning of BONE in English
- The hard, calcified tissue of the skeleton of vertebrate animals, consisting very largely of calcic carbonate, calcic phosphate, and gelatine; as, blood and bone.
- One of the pieces or parts of an animal skeleton; as, a rib or a thigh bone; a bone of the arm or leg; also, any fragment of bony substance. (pl.) The frame or skeleton of the body.
- Anything made of bone, as a bobbin for weaving bone lace.
- Two or four pieces of bone held between the fingers and struck together to make a kind of music.
- Whalebone; hence, a piece of whalebone or of steel for a corset.
- Fig.: The framework of anything.
- To withdraw bones from the flesh of, as in cookery.
- To put whalebone into; as, to bone stays.
- To fertilize with bone.
- To steal; to take possession of.
- To sight along an object or set of objects, to see if it or they be level or in line, as in carpentry, masonry, and surveying.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BONE, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BONE
"Gotta bone ter pick with yeh."
- The word/phrase 'bone' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"He grabbed both Harry and Ron and pulled them into a bone-breaking hug."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the bone in the novel Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"He became a bone."
- To understand the meaning of bone, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
BONE has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BONE": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And I'm a rib bone on your side,"
- This term bone was used by Nima Akbari in the Poem Love Poem.
"And flesh from bone divides without a pang"
- This term bone was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Ave atque Vale.
"All were made of bone and painted,"
- This term bone was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें