Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BOLD, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BOLD
"You are good when you walk to your goal firmly and with bold steps"
- The word/phrase 'bold' was used by 'Khalil Gibran' in 'The prophet'.
"You ought to be as bold as your desires; don't fall short of them"
- 'Anton Chekhov' has used the bold in the novel The stories of anton chekhov.
"The three of us can show a bold front to brother bartholomew"
- To understand the meaning of bold, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete sherlock holmes.
BOLD has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BOLD": Examples from famous English Poetry
"The fresh, bold feeling of something new"
- This term bold was used by Sara McDermott in the Poem Love poem.
"And poised therein a bird so bold—"
- This term bold was used by Samuel Taylor Coleridge in the Poem Glycine's song.
"Ne dare lift up her countenance too bold"
- This term bold was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.