Meaning of BLOCK in Hindi
Meaning of block in Hindi
- बड़ा(Pr. Bada badaa)
- मोटा(Pr. Mota motaa)
- ब्लक(Pr. Blak)
- खण्ड(Pr. Khand)
- लट्ठा(Pr. Lattha latthaa)
- कुन्दा(Pr. Kunda kundaa)
- रोक(Pr. Rok)
- फांसी देने का तख्ता(Pr. Phansi dene ka takhta phaansee dene kaa takhtaa fansi dene ka takhta)
- कील(Pr. Kil keel)
- घरों की पंक्ति(Pr. Gharon ki pankti gharon kee pankti)
- गुटका(Pr. Gutaka gutakaa)
- विभाग(Pr. Vibhag vibhaag wibhag)
- समूह(Pr. Samuh samooh)
- ईंट(Pr. Int eent)
- ब्लाक(Pr. Blak blaak)
- खंड(Pr. Khand)
- बाधा(Pr. Badha baadhaa)
- ढांचा(Pr. Dhancha dhaanchaa)
- अवरोध(Pr. Avarodh awarodh)
- संवर्ग(Pr. Sanvarg sanwarg)
- साँचा(Pr. Sancha saanchaa)
- रूकावट(Pr. Rukavat rookaavat rukawat)
- बड़ी राशि(Pr. Badi rashi badee raashi)
- रोक देना(Pr. Rok dena rok denaa)
- घिरनी(Pr. Ghirani ghiranee)
- ठूँठ(Pr. Thunth thoonth)
- अवरोधी(Pr. Avarodhi avarodhee awarodhi)
- भवन समूह(Pr. Bhavan samuh bhavan samooh bhawan samuh)
- पिण्डक(Pr. Pindak)
- निपिण्ड(Pr. Nipind)
- मार्गरोध करना(Pr. Margarodh karana maargarodh karanaa)
- भवनसमूह(Pr. Bhavanasamuh bhavanasamooh bhawanasamuh)
- छोटा भवन समूह(Pr. Chhota bhavan samuh chhotaa bhavan samooh chhota bhawan samuh)
- कठोर व्यक्ति(Pr. Kathor vyakti kathor wyakti)
- रोकना(Pr. Rokana rokanaa)
- बन्द करना(Pr. Band karana band karanaa)
- बनाना(Pr. Banana bananaa)
- खेलना(Pr. Khelana khelanaa)
- जोड़ना(Pr. Jodana jodanaa zodana)
Meaning of BLOCK in English
- A piece of wood more or less bulky; a solid mass of wood, stone, etc., usually with one or more plane, or approximately plane, faces; as, a block on which a butcher chops his meat; a block by which to mount a horse; children's playing blocks, etc.
- The solid piece of wood on which condemned persons lay their necks when they are beheaded.
- The wooden mold on which hats, bonnets, etc., are shaped.
- The pattern or shape of a hat.
- A large or long building divided into separate houses or shops, or a number of houses or shops built in contact with each other so as to form one building; a row of houses or shops.
- A square, or portion of a city inclosed by streets, whether occupied by buildings or not.
- A grooved pulley or sheave incased in a frame or shell which is provided with a hook, eye, or strap, by which it may be attached to an object. it is used to change the direction of motion, as in raising a heavy object that can not be conveniently reached, and also, when two or more such sheaves are compounded, to change the rate of motion, or to exert increased force;
- The perch on which a bird of prey is kept.
- Any obstruction, or cause of obstruction; a stop; a hindrance; an obstacle; as, a block in the way.
- A piece of box or other wood for engravers' work.
- A piece of hard wood (as mahogany or cherry) on which a stereotype or electrotype plate is mounted to make it type high.
- A blockhead; a stupid fellow; a dolt.
- A section of a railroad where the block system is used. see block system, below.
- To obstruct so as to prevent passage or progress; to prevent passage from, through, or into, by obstructing the way;
- To secure or support by means of blocks; to secure, as two boards at their angles of intersection, by pieces of wood glued to each.
- To shape on, or stamp with, a block; as, to block a hat.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BLOCK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BLOCK
"She was carrying the largest block of chocolate he had ever seen in his life"
- The word/phrase 'block' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"They visited its site and found tower block of ces"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the block in the novel Harry potter and the deathly hallows.
"When harry didn't reply, he pounded across the kitchen to block the doorway into the hall"
- To understand the meaning of block, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the order of the phoenix book.
BLOCK usage in Proverbs/Idioms
BLOCK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BLOCK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Poke out the nests and block up the holes!"
- This term block was used by Robert Browning in the Poem The pied piper of hamelin.
"And closed your eyes to block out the sun"
- This term block was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Forever be true - poem.
"Block all the words"
- This term block was used by Bethany Jones in the Poem Remember, run don't hide - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें