Meaning of BIRD in Hindi
Meaning of bird in Hindi
- चिडिया(Pr. Chidiya chidiyaa)
- पक्षी(Pr. Pakshi pakshee)
- चिड़िया(Pr. Chidiya chidiyaa)
- मिट्टी का कबूतर(Pr. Mitti ka kabutar mittee kaa kabootar)
- लड़की(Pr. Ladaki ladakee)
- व्यक्ति(Pr. Vyakti wyakti)
- शिकारी चिड़िया(Pr. Shikari chidiya shikaaree chidiyaa)
- अस्वीकृति(Pr. Asvikriti asveekriti aswikriti)
- कर्क(Pr. Kark)
- खिल्ली(Pr. Khilli khillee)
- चिड़िया पकड़ना(Pr. Chidiya pakadana chidiyaa pakadanaa)
- चिड़ियों का शिकार करना(Pr. Chidiyon ka shikar karana chidiyon kaa shikaar karanaa)
- पक्षियों का एकाग्रतापूर्वक निरीक्षण करना(Pr. Pakshiyon ka ekagratapurvak nirikshan karana pakshiyon kaa ekaagrataapoorvak nireekshan karanaa pakshiyon ka ekagratapurwak nirikshan karana)
Meaning of BIRD in English
- Orig., a chicken; the young of a fowl; a young eaglet; a nestling; and hence, a feathered flying animal (see 2).
- A warm-blooded, feathered vertebrate provided with wings. see aves.
- Specifically, among sportsmen, a game bird.
- Fig.: a girl; a maiden.
- To catch or shoot birds.
- Hence: to seek for game or plunder; to thieve.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BIRD, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BIRD
"Harry stared at it and the bird looked balefully back, making its gagging noise again"
- The word/phrase 'bird' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"The bird stopped singing"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the bird in the novel Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
"Leave the bird! leave the bird! the boy is behind you"
- To understand the meaning of bird, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the chamber of secrets.
BIRD usage in Proverbs/Idioms
BIRD has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BIRD": Examples from famous English Poetry
"To silence, for no lonely bird would sing"
- This term bird was used by Thomas Hood in the Poem Autumn.
"Learned of every bird its language"
- This term bird was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"Out of me man and woman, and wild-beast and bird: before god was, i am"
- This term bird was used by Algernon Charles Swinburne in the Poem Hertha.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें