Meaning of BEHIND in Hindi
Meaning of behind in Hindi
- पिछड़ा(Pr. Pichhada pichhadaa)
- पीछड़ा(Pr. Pichhada peechhadaa)
- पिछ़ड़ा हुआ(Pr. Pichhada hu pichhadaa huaa)
- देर से(Pr. Der se)
- पीछे की ओर(Pr. Pichhe ki or peechhe kee or)
- पीछ(Pr. पीछे - Pichhe-pichhe peechhe-peechhe)
- पीछे की और(Pr. Pichhe ki aur peechhe kee aur)
- चूतड़(Pr. Chutad chootad)
- पीछे(Pr. Pichhe peechhe)
- पश्चात(Pr. Pashchat pashchaat)
- घाट(Pr. Ghat ghaat)
- कमतर(Pr. Kamatar)
- देर में(Pr. Der men)
- नीचे(Pr. Niche neeche)
- के समर्थन मे(Pr. Ke samarthan me)
- के पीछे(Pr. Ke pichhe ke peechhe)
Meaning of BEHIND in English
- On the side opposite the front or nearest part; on the back side of; at the back of; on the other side of; as, behind a door; behind a hill.
- Left after the departure of, whether this be by removing to a distance or by death.
- Left a distance by, in progress of improvement hence: inferior to in dignity, rank, knowledge, or excellence, or in any achievement.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward; as, to look behind.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- After the departure of another; as, to stay behind.
- The backside; the rump.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BEHIND, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BEHIND
"Behind the wild beard and eyebrows he wore a very kind smile"
- The word/phrase 'behind' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"The twins slid the compartment door shut behind them"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the behind in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Harry was very relieved to find out that he wasn't miles behind everyone else"
- To understand the meaning of behind, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
BEHIND usage in Proverbs/Idioms
BEHIND has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BEHIND": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Just turn and look behind you"
- This term behind was used by Dave Stout in the Poem Friendship poem.
"Dark behind it rose the forest"
- This term behind was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The song of hiawatha.
"When once the crab behind his back he sees"
- This term behind was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary