Meaning of BEHIND in Hindi
Meaning of behind in Hindi
- पीछे pichhe peechhe
- पिछ़ड़ा हुआ pichhada hu pichhadaa huaa
- पीछे की ओर pichhe ki or peechhe kee or
- के समर्थन मे ke samarthan me
- नीचे niche neeche
- देर से der se
- पीछे की और pichhe ki aur peechhe kee aur
- कमतर kamatar
- देर में der men
- पिछड़ा pichhada pichhadaa
- पीछड़ा pichhada peechhadaa
- पीछपीछे - pichhe-pichhe peechhe-peechhe
- चूतड़ chutad chootad
- घाट ghat ghaat
- पश्चात pashchat pashchaat
- के पीछे ke pichhe ke peechhe
सपनों का अर्थ
Meaning of BEHIND in English
- Left after the departure of, whether this be by removing to a distance or by death.
- Left a distance by, in progress of improvement Hence: Inferior to in dignity, rank, knowledge, or excellence, or in any achievement.
- After the departure of another; as, to stay behind.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- On the side opposite the front or nearest part; on the back side of; at the back of; on the other side of; as, behind a door; behind a hill.
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward; as, to look behind.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- The backside; the rump.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BEHIND, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BEHIND
"Behind the wild beard and eyebrows he wore a very kind smile."
- The word/phrase 'behind' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone'.
"The twins slid the compartment door shut behind them."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the behind in the novel Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
"Harry was very relieved to find out that he wasn't miles behind everyone else."
- To understand the meaning of behind, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone.
BEHIND usage in Proverbs/Idioms
BEHIND has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BEHIND": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Just turn and look behind you"
- This term behind was used by Dave Stout in the Poem Friendship Poem.
"Dark behind it rose the forest,"
- This term behind was used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in the Poem The Song of Hiawatha.
"When once the Crab behind his back he sees."
- This term behind was used by Edmund Spenser in the Poem Epithalamion.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें