Meaning of BEARD in Hindi
Meaning of beard in Hindi
- दाढी(Pr. Dadhi daadhee)
- भुट्टे आदि के बाल(Pr. Bhutte aadi ke bal bhutte aadi ke baal)
- दाढ़ी(Pr. Dadhi daadhee)
- सामना करना(Pr. Samana karana saamanaa karanaa)
- मुकाबला करना(Pr. Mukabala karana mukaabalaa karanaa)
- खुलेआम विरोध करना(Pr. Khuleam virodh karana khuleaam virodh karanaa khuleam wirodh karana)
- साहस के साथ सामना करना(Pr. Sahas ke sath samana karana sahas ke saath saamanaa karanaa)
- दाढ़ी नोचना(Pr. Dadhi nochana daadhee nochanaa)
- दाढ़ी खींचना(Pr. Dadhi khinchana daadhee kheenchanaa)
- दाढ़ी पकड़ना(Pr. Dadhi pakadana daadhee pakadanaa)
Meaning of BEARD in English
- The hair that grows on the chin, lips, and adjacent parts of the human face, chiefly of male adults.
- The long hairs about the face in animals, as in the goat.
- The cluster of small feathers at the base of the beak in some birds
- The appendages to the jaw in some cetacea, and to the mouth or jaws of some fishes.
- The byssus of certain shellfish, as the muscle.
- The gills of some bivalves, as the oyster.
- In insects, the hairs of the labial palpi of moths and butterflies.
- Long or stiff hairs on a plant; the awn; as, the beard of grain.
- A barb or sharp point of an arrow or other instrument, projecting backward to prevent the head from being easily drawn out.
- That part of the under side of a horse's lower jaw which is above the chin, and bears the curb of a bridle.
- That part of a type which is between the shoulder of the shank and the face.
- An imposition; a trick.
- To take by the beard; to seize, pluck, or pull the beard of (a man), in anger or contempt.
- To oppose to the gills; to set at defiance.
- To deprive of the gills;
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of BEARD, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word BEARD
"Behind the wild beard and eyebrows he wore a very kind smile"
- The word/phrase 'beard' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"There was no mistaking that silver beard"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the beard in the novel Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Hagrid's beard twitched and they could tell he was smiling"
- To understand the meaning of beard, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.
BEARD usage in Proverbs/Idioms
BEARD has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "BEARD": Examples from famous English Poetry
"And the tribunes beard the high"
- This term beard was used by Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lord Macaulay in the Poem Horatius.
"The fair round face, the snowy beard"
- This term beard was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem On a favourite cat, drowned in a tub of gold fishes.
"Of some well-filled oaten beard"
- This term beard was used by Richard Lovelace in the Poem The grasshopper.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary