Meaning of ASYLUM in Hindi
Meaning of asylum in Hindi
Meaning of ASYLUM in English
- A sanctuary or place of refuge and protection, where criminals and debtors found shelter, and from which they could not be forcibly taken without sacrilege.
- Any place of retreat and security.
- An institution for the protection or relief of some class of destitute, unfortunate, or afflicted persons; as, an asylum for the aged, for the blind, or for the insane; a lunatic asylum; an orphan asylum.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ASYLUM, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ASYLUM
"Homais won it, for his foe was condemned to life-long confinement in an asylum"
- The word/phrase 'asylum' was used by 'Gustave Flaubert' in 'Madame bovary'.
"You, a doctor you are enough to drive a patient into an asylum"
- 'Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' has used the asylum in the novel The complete sherlock holmes.
ASYLUM has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें