Meaning of ASTONISH in Hindi
Meaning of astonish in Hindi
- ठगा सा(Pr. thaga sa thagaa saa)
- विस्मित करना(Pr. vismit karana vismit karanaa wismit karana)
- अचम्भे में डालना(Pr. achambhe men dalana achambhe men daalanaa)
- चकित कर देना(Pr. chakit kar dena chakit kar denaa)
- आश्चर्य होना(Pr. aashchary hona aashchary honaa)
- चकित या विस्मित कर देना(Pr. chakit ya vismit kar dena chakit yaa vismit kar denaa chakit ya wismit kar dena)
- आश्चर्य चकित करना(Pr. aashchary chakit karana aashchary chakit karanaa)
- चकित करना(Pr. chakit karana chakit karanaa)
Meaning of ASTONISH in English
- To stun; to render senseless, as by a blow.
- To strike with sudden fear, terror, or wonder; to amaze; to surprise greatly, as with something unaccountable; to confound with some sudden emotion or passion.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ASTONISH, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ASTONISH
"How did you know that was there? Harry asked in astonish-ment."
- The word/phrase 'astonish' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince'.
"Whatever I suggested seemed to astonish him."
- 'Rabindranath Tagore' has used the astonish in the novel The Home And The World.
ASTONISH has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ASTONISH": Examples from famous English Poetry
"For they'd thought of the loveliest plan To astonish their friends from the city,"
- This term astonish was used by Gray Pilgrim in the Poem Thanksgiving Poems for Kids.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें