Meaning of ASSAULT in Hindi
Meaning of assault in Hindi
- चढ़ाई(Pr. chadhai chadhaaee)
- आक्रमण करना(Pr. aakraman karana aakraman karanaa)
- प्रहार(Pr. prahar prahaar)
- धावा(Pr. dhava dhaavaa dhawa)
- वार(Pr. var vaar war)
- तीखी आलोचना करना(Pr. tikhi aalochana karana teekhee aalochanaa karanaa)
- हमला करना(Pr. hamala karana hamalaa karanaa)
- दुरागतचर्य(Pr. duragatachary duraagatachary)
- प्रयास(Pr. prayas prayaas)
- हमला(Pr. hamala hamalaa)
- आक्रामण करना(Pr. aakraman karana aakraaman karanaa)
- चढाई(Pr. chadhai chadhaaee)
- मारपीट(Pr. marapit maarapeet)
- खिन्न करना(Pr. khinn karana khinn karanaa)
Meaning of ASSAULT in English
- A violent onset or attack with physical means, as blows, weapons, etc.; an onslaught; the rush or charge of an attacking force; onset; as, to make assault upon a man, a house, or a town.
- To make an assault upon, as by a sudden rush of armed men; to attack with unlawful or insulting physical violence or menaces.
- A violent onset or attack with moral weapons, as words, arguments, appeals, and the like; as, to make an assault on the prerogatives of a prince, or on the constitution of a government.
- To attack with moral means, or with a view of producing moral effects; to attack by words, arguments, or unfriendly measures; to assail; as, to assault a reputation or an administration.
- An apparently violent attempt, or willful offer with force or violence, to do hurt to another; an attempt or offer to beat another, accompanied by a degree of violence, but without touching his person, as by lifting the fist, or a cane, in a threatening manner, or by striking at him, and missing him. If the blow aimed takes effect, it is a battery.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ASSAULT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ASSAULT
"The sounds of the assault on the castle were mu ed and distant."
- The word/phrase 'assault' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows'.
"It was upon the latter that the assault was made."
- 'Toni Morrison' has used the assault in the novel A Mercy.
"It was a most furious assault."
- To understand the meaning of assault, please see the following usage by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in The complete Sherlock Holmes.
ASSAULT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ASSAULT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"I begin the assault."
- This term assault was used by Ashwing Phoenix in the Poem Brutal Attack - Poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें