Meaning of ARK in Hindi
Meaning of ark in Hindi
Meaning of ARK in English
- A chest, or coffer.
- A large flatboat used on Western American rivers to transport produce to market.
- The oblong chest of acacia wood, overlaid with gold, which supported the mercy seat with its golden cherubs, and occupied the most sacred place in the sanctuary. In it Moses placed the two tables of stone containing the ten commandments. Called also the Ark of the Covenant.
- The large, chestlike vessel in which Noah and his family were preserved during the Deluge. Gen. vi. Hence: Any place of refuge.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ARK, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ARK
"Defense Against the D ark Arts, Charms, Transfiguration , Herbology."
- The word/phrase 'ark' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince'.
ARK has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ARK": Examples from famous English Poetry
"An ark, a tabernacle is,"
- This term ark was used by Robert Herrick in the Poem Corinna's going a-Maying.
"The sable-stoled Sorcerers bear his worshipt Ark."
- This term ark was used by John Milton in the Poem Hymn on the Morning of Christ's Nativity.
"Into the ark And waited for God's waters to flood the land."
- This term ark was used by Tom Zart in the Poem Tom Zart's Poems Of Christian Faith.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें