Meaning of ARGUMENT in Hindi
Meaning of argument in Hindi
- स्वतंत्र चर(Pr. Svatantr char swatantr char)
- तर्क(Pr. Tark)
- युक्ति(Pr. Yukti)
- दलील(Pr. Dalil daleel)
- बहस(Pr. Bahas)
- शास्त्रार्थ(Pr. Shastrarth shaastraarth)
- आलोच्य विषय(Pr. Aalochy vishay aalochy wishay)
- विषय(Pr. Vishay wishay)
- वादविवाद(Pr. Vadavivad vaadavivaad wadawiwad)
- प्रमाण(Pr. Praman)
- झगड़ा(Pr. Jhagada jhagadaa zhagada)
- वा(Pr. विवाद - Vad-vivad vaad-vivaad wad-wiwad)
- भावार्थ(Pr. Bhavarth bhaavaarth bhawarth)
- सार(Pr. Sar saar)
- कोणांक(Pr. Konank konaank)
- फलन निर्धार्य(Pr. Phalan nirdhary phalan nirdhaary falan nirdhary)
- सा(Pr. वस्तु - Sar-vastu saar-vastu sar-wastu)
- अवच्छेद्य(Pr. Avachchhedy awachchhedy)
Meaning of ARGUMENT in English
- Proof; evidence.
- A reason or reasons offered in proof, to induce belief, or convince the mind; reasoning expressed in words; as, an argument about, concerning, or regarding a proposition, for or in favor of it, or against it.
- A process of reasoning, or a controversy made up of rational proofs; argumentation; discussion; disputation.
- The subject matter of a discourse, writing, or artistic representation; theme or topic; also, an abstract or summary, as of the contents of a book, chapter, poem.
- Matter for question; business in hand.
- The quantity on which another quantity in a table depends; as, the altitude is the argument of the refraction.
- The independent variable upon whose value that of a function depends.
- To make an argument; to argue.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ARGUMENT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ARGUMENT
"Ron had already had a big argument with dean thomas, who shared their dormitory, about soccer"
- The word/phrase 'argument' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone'.
"There will be no more argument"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the argument in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"The usual argument, you know"
- To understand the meaning of argument, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
ARGUMENT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
ARGUMENT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ARGUMENT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Doctor and saint, and heard great argument"
- This term argument was used by Edward Fitzgerald in the Poem The rubáiyát of omar khayyám.
"Bickering words of argument"
- This term argument was used by Harry Boslem in the Poem Kiss of life - poem.
"But why did you do it to start with then every argument breaks my heart"
- This term argument was used by sophia reeson in the Poem Last summer, you broke my heart - poem.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें