Meaning of AMOUNT in Hindi
Meaning of amount in Hindi
- फलगणना(Pr. Phalaganana phalagananaa falaganana)
- (गणित) मिश्रधन(Pr. (ganit) mishradhan)
- राशि(Pr. Rashi raashi)
- कुल जमा(Pr. Kul jama kul jamaa kul zama)
- जोड(Pr. Jod zod)
- मात्रा(Pr. Matra maatraa)
- रकम(Pr. Rakam)
- जोड़(Pr. Jod zod)
- कुल राषि(Pr. Kul rashi kul raashi)
- चढना(Pr. Chadhana chadhanaa)
- किसी संख्या या परिणाम तक पहुंचना(Pr. Kisi sankhya ya parinam tak pahunchana kisee sankhyaa yaa parinaam tak pahunchanaa)
- बढना(Pr. Badhana badhanaa)
- फलस्वरूप हो जाना(Pr. Phalasvarup ho jana phalasvaroop ho janaa falaswarup ho zana)
- बढ़ना(Pr. Badhana badhanaa)
- चढ़ना(Pr. Chadhana chadhanaa)
- धनराशि(Pr. Dhanarashi dhanaraashi)
- परिमाण(Pr. Pariman)
- योगफल(Pr. Yogaphal yogafal)
- मिश्रधन(Pr. Mishradhan)
Meaning of AMOUNT in English
- To go up; to ascend.
- To rise or reach by an accumulation of particular sums or quantities; to come (to) in the aggregate or whole;
- To rise, reach, or extend in effect, substance, or influence; to be equivalent; to come practically (to); as, the testimony amounts to very little.
- To signify; to amount to.
- The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this year's revenue.
- The effect, substance, value, significance, or result; the sum; as, the amount of the testimony is this.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of AMOUNT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word AMOUNT
"The usual large amount of beads, chains, and bangles glittered upon her person in the firelight"
- The word/phrase 'amount' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the goblet of fire'.
"Harry had swallowed a considerable amount of bubbles in shock"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the amount in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"Harry dawdled behind, taking an inordinate amount of time to do up his bag"
- To understand the meaning of amount, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the half blood prince.
AMOUNT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "AMOUNT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"No amount of tragedy can tear"
- This term amount was used by Jessica Wheaton in the Poem Love poem.
"Do amount to, only he"
- This term amount was used by George Herbert in the Poem A dialogue.
"By reckoning up the amount"
- This term amount was used by Lewis Carroll in the Poem The hunting of the snark.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें