Meaning of AMBITION in Hindi
Meaning of ambition in Hindi
Meaning of AMBITION in English
- The act of going about to solicit or obtain an office, or any other object of desire; canvassing.
- An eager, and sometimes an inordinate, desire for preferment, honor, superiority, power, or the attainment of something.
- To seek after ambitiously or eagerly; to covet.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of AMBITION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word AMBITION
"What is gilderoy lockhart's secret ambition 3"
- The word/phrase 'ambition' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.
"No ambition, unless you count making as much39 trouble as they possibly can"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the ambition in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"It was my dream, my greatest ambition, to serve him, to prove myself to him"
- To understand the meaning of ambition, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
AMBITION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "AMBITION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Ambition first sprung from your blest abodes;"
- This term ambition was used by Alexander Pope in the Poem Elegy to the memory of an unfortunate lady.
"Let not ambition mock their useful toil"
- This term ambition was used by Thomas Gray in the Poem Elegy written in a country churchyard.
"Pride and ambition here"
- This term ambition was used by Abraham Cowley in the Poem The wish.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary