Meaning of AFFIRM in Hindi
Meaning of affirm in Hindi
- अनुमोदन करना(Pr. anumodan karana anumodan karanaa)
- पुष्टि करना(Pr. pushti karana pushti karanaa)
- दृढ़तापूर्वक कहना(Pr. dridhatapurvak kahana dridhataapoorvak kahanaa dridhatapurwak kahana)
- प्रतिज्ञान करना(Pr. pratigyan karana pratigyan karanaa)
- वचन देना(Pr. vachan dena vachan denaa wachan dena)
- या दृढ़ता से कहना(Pr. ya dridhata se kahana yaa dridhataa se kahanaa)
- अभिपुष्ट करना(Pr. abhipusht karana abhipusht karanaa)
- पक्का करके कहना(Pr. pakka karake kahana pakkaa karake kahanaa)
- मान लेना(Pr. man lena man lenaa)
- स्वीकार करना(Pr. svikar karana sveekaar karanaa swikar karana)
- पुष्टि(Pr. pushti)
- प्रतिज्ञा करना(Pr. pratigya karana pratigyaa karanaa)
Meaning of AFFIRM in English
- to assert or confirm, as a judgment, decree, or order, brought before an appellate court for review.
- To make a solemn declaration, before an authorized magistrate or tribunal, under the penalties of perjury; to testify by affirmation.
- To declare or assert positively.
- To assert positively; to tell with confidence; to aver; to maintain as true;
- To declare, as a fact, solemnly, under judicial sanction. See Affirmation, 4.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of AFFIRM, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word AFFIRM
"The patient, strangely enough we affirm it as an eye witness complained of no pain."
- The word/phrase 'affirm' was used by 'Gustave Flaubert' in 'Madame Bovary'.
AFFIRM has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "AFFIRM": Examples from famous English Poetry
"They can affirm his praises best,"
- This term affirm was used by Andrew Marvell in the Poem An Horatian Ode upon Cromwell's Return from Ireland.
"To affirm The dreams I had seen Now,"
- This term affirm was used by Benhur Soans in the Poem The Dreams I Had Seen - Poem.
"Yet when it comes to a human being Its humanity they refuse to affirm."
- This term affirm was used by Stacy Fileccia in the Poem Can an Acorn Become a Bee?.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें