Meaning of ACTION in Hindi
Meaning of action in Hindi
- क्रिया kriya kriyaa
- कार्यकलाप karyakalap kaaryakalaap
- गति gati
- प्रक्रिया prakriya prakriyaa
- युद्ध yuddh
- सैनिक कार्रवाई sainik karravai sainik kaarravaaee sainik karrawai
- क्रियाविधि kriyavidhi kriyaavidhi kriyawidhi
- रचना rachana rachanaa
- व्यापार vyapar vyaapaar wyapar
- कानूनी कार्यवाही करने योग्य kanuni karyavahi karane yogy kanoonee kaaryavahee karane yogy kanuni karyawahi karane yogy
- असर asar
- करतूत karatut karatoot
- क्रियाशीलता kriyashilata kriyaasheelataa
- कार्रवाई karravai kaarravaaee karrawai
- मुकदमा mukadama mukadamaa
- चाल chal chaal
- भाव bhav bhaav bhaw
- भिड़ंत bhidant
- लड़ाई ladai ladaaee
- कार्यान्वित करना karyanvit karana kaaryanvit karanaa karyanwit karana
- प्रभाव prabhav prabhaav prabhaw
- काम kam kaam
- कार्यवाही karyavahi kaaryavahee karyawahi
- अभियोग abhiyog
- एक्शन ekshan
- कार्य kary kaary
- घटनाक्रम ghatanakram ghatanaakram
- मुठभेड़ muthabhed
- लडाई ladai ladaaee
- संग्राम sangram sangraam
Meaning of ACTION in English
- The event or connected series of events, either real or imaginary, forming the subject of a play, poem, or other composition; the unfolding of the drama of events.
- Movement; as, the horse has a spirited action.
- The attitude or position of the several parts of the body as expressive of the sentiment or passion depicted.
- A suit or process, by which a demand is made of a right in a court of justice; in a broad sense, a judicial proceeding for the enforcement or protection of a right, the redress or prevention of a wrong, or the punishment of a public offense.
- An engagement between troops in war, whether on land or water; a battle; a fight; as, a general action, a partial action.
- An act; a thing done; a deed; an enterprise. (pl.): Habitual deeds; hence, conduct; behavior; demeanor.
- Effective motion; also, mechanism; as, the breech action of a gun.
- Gesticulation; the external deportment of the speaker, or the suiting of his attitude, voice, gestures, and countenance, to the subject, or to the feelings.
- A right of action; as, the law gives an action for every claim.
- A process or condition of acting or moving, as opposed to rest; the doing of something; exertion of power or force, as when one body acts on another; the effect of power exerted on one body by another; agency; activity; operation; as, the action of heat; a man of action.
- Any one of the active processes going on in an organism; the performance of a function; as, the action of the heart, the muscles, or the gastric juice.
- A share in the capital stock of a joint-stock company, or in the public funds; hence, in the plural, equivalent to stocks.
- The mechanical contrivance by means of which the impulse of the player's finger is transmitted to the strings of a pianoforte or to the valve of an organ pipe.
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ACTION, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ACTION
"He raised his own wand, attempted a complicated sort of wiggling action, and dropped it."
- The word/phrase 'action' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets'.
"You can replay action."
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the action in the novel Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"You know, I'm starting to think it's time for more direct action."
- To understand the meaning of action, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
ACTION usage in Proverbs/Idioms
ACTION has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ACTION": Examples from famous English Poetry
"We have had enough of action, and of motion we,"
- This term action was used by Alfred Tennyson, Lord Tennyson in the Poem Song of the Lotos-Eaters.
"Is lust in action; and till action, lust"
- This term action was used by William Shakespeare in the Poem Sonnet xix.
"In one full action; nor have you now more"
- This term action was used by Ben Jonson in the Poem The Noble Balm.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary
हिन्दी मे स्क्रिबल खेलें