Meaning of ACCEPT in Hindi
Meaning of accept in Hindi
- माना(Pr. Mana manaa)
- मानना(Pr. Manana mananaa)
- स्वीकार करना(Pr. Svikar karana sveekaar karanaa swikar karana)
- सहमत होना(Pr. Sahamat hona sahamat honaa)
- भाना(Pr. Bhana bhanaa)
- सुहाना(Pr. Suhana suhanaa)
- ग्रहण करना(Pr. Grahan karana grahan karanaa)
- लेना(Pr. Lena lenaa)
- पाना(Pr. Pana panaa)
- सकारना (हुंडी आदि) ना(Pr. Sakarana (hundi aadi) na sakaaranaa (hundee aadi) naa)
- करना(Pr. Karana karanaa)
- लगना(Pr. Lagana laganaa)
- मंजूर(Pr. Manjur manjoor manzur)
- उठाना(Pr. Uthana uthanaa)
- मान लेना(Pr. Man lena man lenaa)
- कबूल करना(Pr. Kabul karana kabool karanaa)
- मोल लेना(Pr. Mol lena mol lenaa)
- औपचारिक रूप से प्राप्त करना(Pr. Aupacharik rup se prapt karana aupachaarik roop se praapt karanaa)
- सकारना(Pr. Sakarana sakaaranaa)
- के साथ मैथुन के लिये तैयार होना(Pr. Ke sath maithun ke liye taiyar hona ke saath maithun ke liye taiyaar honaa)
- मंज़ूर करना(Pr. Manzur karana manzoor karanaa manjur karana)
- हां कहना(Pr. Han kahana haan kahanaa)
Meaning of ACCEPT in English
- To receive with a consenting mind (something offered); as, to accept a gift;
- To receive with favor; to approve.
- To receive or admit and agree to; to assent to; as, i accept your proposal, amendment, or excuse.
- To take by the mind; to understand; as, how are these words to be accepted
- To receive as obligatory and promise to pay; as, to accept a bill of exchange.
- In a deliberate body, to receive in acquittance of a duty imposed; as, to accept the report of a committee. [this makes it the property of the body, and the question is then on its adoption.]
Examples and usage
To better understand the meaning of ACCEPT, certain examples of its usage are presented.Examples from famous English prose on the use of the word ACCEPT
"Harry and hermione thought it best to accept their chocolate quietly"
- The word/phrase 'accept' was used by 'J. K. Rowling' in 'Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban'.
"It seems to me, however, that we have no choice but to accept it"
- 'J. K. Rowling' has used the accept in the novel Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
"He'll accept anyone at hogwarts, s'long as they've got the talent"
- To understand the meaning of accept, please see the following usage by J. K. Rowling in Harry potter and the goblet of fire.
ACCEPT usage in Proverbs/Idioms
ACCEPT has been recently used in news headlines. Please see the examples below
Usage of "ACCEPT": Examples from famous English Poetry
"Your hand i accept, and all your love as well;"
- This term accept was used by Carol Stecher and Jim Foreman in the Poem Love poem.
"Accept, thou shrine of my dead saint"
- This term accept was used by Henry King, Bishop of Chichester in the Poem Exequy on his wife.
"Bagdat, and accept the prime"
- This term accept was used by Robert Browning in the Poem The pied piper of hamelin.
Thesaurus and related words
Popular word you may like
English to Hindi Dictionary
Hindi to English Dictionary